1. What information does Darken collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
2. How do we use the information that we collect about you?
3. Does Darken share your information with third parties?
4. How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other websites that you visit and what choices do you have?
5. What choices do you have over how Darken uses your information?
6. How does Darken address children’s privacy?
7. How do our Sites interact with third-party websites and content?
8. How does Darken secure personal information on our Sites?
9. How can I access and/or modify my personal information?
11. How can I contact Darken?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES DARKEN COLLECT ABOUT YOU ON OUR SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES?
Our Sites and Social Media pages may collect various types of information from a variety of sources, such as:
· Information that you provide. Such voluntarily provided information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, usernames or user IDs, passwords, billing and payment information, credit/debit card information, bank information, communication records, purchase and order information, personal preferences, demographic information, information related to customer service matters, etc., which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested. We may allow you to use your personal social media account on social media sites (each, a "Personal Social Media Account") so as to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites. This information may include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as your name, profile picture, address, email address, country, gender, networks, user ID, friend list, language, birthday, education and work history, interests, and likes. In some instances, we may communicate with you through your Personal Social Media Account and we may collect the information that you provide in response to such communications. It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites.
Please rest assured that our Sites shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of online purchases, surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of our Sites to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this site.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMAITON THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you, and helps us continually improve your experience on our Sites. We may use the information you provide for things like completing your registration; delivering products or services that you have ordered; conducting and improving our customer service; improving the content of our Sites; conducting market research and surveys; marketing our goods and services; marketing our subsidiaries’ and/or affiliates’ goods and services; developing and conducting promotions; responding to your inquiries and to send you information that we think may be of interest to you; and for other internal business purposes including but not limited to opening online accounts, verifying billing accuracy, communicating with our customers about service-related issues, managing fraud and abuse, collecting past due accounts, and maintaining financial, tax and legal records.
We may use navigational information to help us evaluate how our visitors use and navigate our Sites. For example, we may collect navigational information to determine things like the number and frequency of visitors to each web page of our Sites, the difficulties that visitors may have with our Sites, and the length of their visits to our Sites. We analyze this information to better understand and improve our visitors' experience on our Sites and for other internal business purposes. We may use information collected through cookies and similar technology for many of these same purposes. In addition cookies and similar technology are used for things like personalizing your experience on our Sites, analyzing trends, determining return visitors, serving tailored advertisements on other sites, measuring the effectiveness of our advertising and keeping track of the content of your shopping cart. We may use third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to measure traffic and usage trends, and to help us better understand your use of and interaction with our Sites and Social Media Pages. For more information on how Google uses data when you use our Sites, click here.
Similar to the navigational information described above, the social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
3. DOES DARKEN SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Your information may be shared among Darken and its affiliates who are responsible for providing products and services to you so that they may communicate with you directly regarding your products and services and related matters. We also may share your information with third party service providers so that they can help us provide services to you, such as monitoring Site activity, marketing our goods and services, hosting a Site, processing or servicing the transactions you have authorized (including but not limited to providing such information to credit card or debit card processors, data processors or mailing services), taking surveys, maintaining our customer database, and administering and monitoring e-mails.
Additionally, your information may be shared with and disclosed to unaffiliated third parties: (1) when it is necessary for completing or servicing the transactions you have authorized, including, but not limited to, providing such information to credit card or debit card processors, data processors, or mailing services; (2) for those making purchases, to verify the existence or condition of your account with a financial institution, credit bureau or other third-party; (3) when it is provided to third-parties under a joint marketing agreement as permitted by law; (4) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets or merge with another company or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, your personal information may be one of the business assets transferred, shared or sold as part of the transaction; or (5) we may disclose your personal information without your consent if we believe, in our sole discretion, it is reasonable to do so to satisfy laws or government regulations, comply with legal process or law enforcement requests, commence legal actions for violation of our Site Terms and Conditions, or to protect rights, safety or property of Darken, our users or others.
We may also share aggregate data about our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with third parties, but none of this data is connected to an individual's personal information.
Except as provided above, we do not sell, trade, rent or lease your personal information.
4. HOW IS TECHNOLOGY USED TO SERVE OUR ADVERTISEMENTS ON OTHER WEBSITES THAT YOU VISIT AND WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
We may contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites. These third party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience on our Sites and other sites that you visit.
For information about opt out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, click the following: NAI Opt Out and DAA Opt Out. By clicking either of these websites, you will then leave our Site for other online sites where you may specify your preferences under those opt-out programs. You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. You should also note that our systems may not recognize "Do Not Track" headers from some or all browsers.
5. WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE OVER HOW DARKEN USES YOUR INFORMATION?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received or by sending an email that you wish to unsubscribe to DarkenMarketingPrivacy@gmail.com. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as order/shipping confirmations or customer service communications.
Postal Marketing: If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us via regular postal mail, please email us at DarkenMarketingPrivacy@gmail.com and tell us that you want to be removed from the Darken postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed.
Cookies: You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Sites, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features on our Sites.
If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party sites, you must go to that specific site to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
6. HOW DOES DARKEN ADDRESS CHILDREN’S PRIVACY?
Our Sites and Social Media Pages are intended for adults and not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13). Darken does not knowingly collect information provided by children under the age of thirteen (13).
7. HOW DO OUR SITES INTERACT WITH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT?
We may enable you to navigate to third-party sites through links on our Sites. We do this for your convenience. If it is not one of our Sites, Darken does not endorse, may not have any affiliation with the third-party sites, and we do not control and aren’t responsible for any of their Internet and web practices and/or procedures. Whether the third-party content appears within our Site environment (like a map frame), or you leave our Site for another website to view it, the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of those other websites govern your online experience. Therefore, please review their terms of service and privacy policies if you have any question about their practices.
8. HOW DOES DARKEN SECURE YOUR INFORMATION ON ITS SITES?
We employ physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. While we use these security measures on our Sites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
9. HOW CAN I ACCESS AND/OR MODIFY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may access, update and correct inaccuracies in certain personal information through your account. You may request access, updating and correction of inaccuracies in other personal information we have about you by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set forth below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
To modify your personal information, contact us at DarkenMarketingPrivacy@gmail.com. We will make every effort to respond to your requests in a timely manner.
11. HOW MAY I CONTACT DARKEN?
8035 Norwalk Road #107
Litchfield, Ohio 44253
Effective Date (last updated on): February 14, 2019